Monday, March 03, 2014

Who Am I?

Today I am feeling kind of bummed.  I feel like no matter how hard I try, I am not worthy of God's love.  I feel like no matter how merciful God is towards me, I keep on letting Him down.  I feel like no matter how forgiving He is, my sins are getting old.  But this is what He says to me today.

I love you for who you are, not for what you do.  Many voices vie for control of your mind, especially when you sit in silence.  You must learn to discern what is My voice and what is not.  Many of My children run around in circles, trying to obey the various voices directing their lives.  This results in fragmented, frustrating patterns of living.  Walk closely with Me each moment, listening for My directives.  My sheep know My voice and follow Me wherever I lead.
Ephesians 4:1-6; John 10:4

My problem is, I try to appease everyone.  I try to win people's favor.  It is very frustrating and exhausting to perform in order to be accepted.  To be a different person at different times in order to fit in.  The only acceptance I need is God's.  I need to only try and please Him.  His love is unconditional.  He loves me for who I am, not what I do or can do for Him.  He has no expectations from me, and that should set me free to be who I am.

No comments: