Sunday, March 23, 2014

Petitions

In Matthew 7:7 it states, "ask and it shall be given to you", but I had a problem approaching God with the desires of my own heart.  I felt selfish demanding for things I thought were insignificant.  But I got to a point in my life where I knew what I wanted, where I wanted to be and who I wanted to be.  I had a blueprint for my life; I just needed God to confirm that my blueprint aligned with His.  So I started praying, asking God to show me.  Petitioning to Him my requests, and asking Him to give me what my heart desires.  As I sat in church this morning, I realized how blessed I am.  Over the years, God has poured out his blessings onto me and my family.  He might not have granted all of my wishes, but He did grant the most important ones.  He reminds me today to not be afraid to ask, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

He is a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance.  When we entrust the details of our lives to Him, we are surprised by how thoroughly He answers our petitions.  He takes pleasure in hearing our prayers, so feel free to bring Him our requests.  The more we pray, the more answers we can receive.  Our faith is strengthened as we see how precisely He responds to our specific prayers.  He is infinite in all His ways.  He will never run out of resources.  Abundance is at the very heart of who He is.  Go to Him in joyful expectation of receiving all we need.  He delights in showering blessings on His beloved children.  Go to Him with open hands and heart, ready to receive all He has for us.
Psalm 36:7-9; Psalm 132:15; John 6:12-13

I forgot to report yesterday my weigh-in results.  I am down another pound, making it 3 pounds until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight.  I am feeling very good about myself, and it has affected my energy and confidence.  Changing the emotional and mental part of this journey has allowed me to change the physical part.  This journey is not just about shedding pounds, but baggage as well.

No comments: