Sunday, March 02, 2014

Deloading

Friday marked my first day of deload week.  I took Friday and Saturday off, and today I went for a walk around my neighborhood.  Off to a good start right?  NOT!!  I totally bombed on the nutrition aspect.  My problem is I am an all or nothing kind of gal.  Taking two days off gave me rights to eat whatever I wanted.  I went all out, holding nothing back.  Boy am I paying for it today.  My stomach is all torn up, and I must have spent the majority of my time in the bathroom.  Now here I am, feeling like a failure, wishing that I never started a deload week.  I even contemplated on going hardcore again, starting tomorrow.  But I know it is wise to give my body a break, but I cannot get my body and my mind to sync.

He is the resurrection and the life.  People search for life in many wrong ways:  chasing after fleeting pleasures, accumulating possessions and wealth, trying to deny the inevitable effects of aging.  Meanwhile, He offers abundant life to everyone who turns toward Him.  Joy and glory are His, but He bestows them on us as He lives in our presence, inviting Him to live fully in us.
John 11:25; Matthew 11:28-29; 1 Peter 1:8-9

I need to start thinking of exercise as a form of health and wellness, a way of life.  I do not need it to give my life meaning.  I do not need it to determine my mood.  I do not need it to define who I am.  God is the only one who can provide me with joy, meaning and purpose.  If I gain weight at my next weigh-in day, at least I had an awesome weekend of good food.  I do not need to beat myself up, or rethink my decisions.  Not only do I need to make deloading a part of my exercise program, but I need to make it a part of my life. To unload so I can allow God to work in me, and through me. 

No comments: