Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Him, Not Me

Committing to this blog has not been easy.  There are days when I have to "fit" it in.  Don't get me wrong, this blog has been so great for me, but when you are a mom of three, and a part-time single mother, it is hard to find the time.  The weekends are especially hard because Jeremy is off and we spend a lot of family time together.  Today is no exception.  After spending another busy day together, I am just now sitting down to write this blog.  Granted, 8:43 is not late, but I just finished making a batch of pancakes to freeze for the week, and the kitchen is a mess.  It was a toss up between cleaning the kitchen or writing my blog entry.  Obviously the blog won, as it should have.

It is good that we recognize our weaknesses.  That keeps us looking to Him, our strength.  Abundant life is not necessarily health and wealth; it is living in continual dependence on Him.  Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what He is doing.  Don't take ourselves so seriously.  He can equip us to do anything, as long as it is His will.  Anxiety wraps us up in ourselves, trapping us in our own thoughts.  Focus on Him, and we will find peace in His presence.
Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 17:22

As I learned in the Gideon study, our weaknesses unlock God's strength.  If we were perfect, we would have no need for God.  And as I have said before, I seem to read these devotionals at just the perfect time; His perfect time.  I would love to wake up before sunrise and do this, but it is just not realistic in my season of life.  There are days when I can blog after carpool, and there are days when I do not get to it until just before bedtime.  But whatever time it is, it is at that moment that I was meant to read that day's devotional.  God doesn't make mistakes.  And no matter what my day looks like, He can equip me to do anything.  His strength, not mine.

No comments: