Monday, March 24, 2014

Let It Go

So far I think I have done a pretty good job letting go of certain things and giving it to God.  Other things, however, are harder to let go of.  My need for control is one of those things.  After a non-stop weekend and a visit from my monthly friend, I did not have the energy to wake up at 5 this morning.  As you know, last week I started waking up that early to spend quiet time with the Lord, and to get my workout in without interruptions.  Well this morning we slept in for as long as we could, which resulted in a frantic morning.  So here I am at 9:33 am, spending quiet time with the Lord while drinking my morning smoothie.  Then I need to schedule my workout in sometime today.  But the problem I seem to be having is a lack of energy, bad cramps and backache.  I could take the day off, but I cannot leave one day unchecked on my T25 calendar!  That is unacceptable!  Then there's laundry, which I swear I just did a load yesterday, and Caleb.  Since we slept in, we missed out on going to a fun place, so I owe it to him to do something fun here.  Sleeping in this morning just ruined my whole day.  Now my schedule is off, which makes me stressed.

This is a time in my life when I must learn to let go:  of loves ones, of possessions, of control.  In order to let go of something, I need to rest in His presence, where I am complete.  As I relax more and more, my grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing it into His care.  I can feel secure through awareness of His continual presence.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  As I release more and more things into His care, remember that He never lets go of my hand.  Herein lies my security, which no one and no circumstance can take from me.
Psalm 89:15; Hebrews 13:8; Isaiah 41:13

I have three small children who are in constant demand.  I am in a season of life where I cannot control everything.  My goal is to wake up every morning at 5, but it does not mean it is going to happen.  Non-stop weekends, interrupted sleep, late nights, all contribute to sleeping in.  But that is ok.  There will come a time in my life where a weekend will not be filled with kid birthday parties, or kids crying in the middle of the night, or late nights because a kid refuses to sleep.  Maybe then my life can be schedule oriented, but right now it changes from day to day.  But I should embrace each season of life because it brings something different.  And I know one day I will miss this season and would do anything to get it back.

No comments: