Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thank Him

I loved being up early yesterday and spending quiet time with the Lord in peace, and getting my workout in before the day started.  So I decided to wake up at 5:00 am this morning as well.  As I mentioned several posts ago, we are a one-car family.  There are some days I feel like marching into a dealership and purchasing a vehicle, regardless of the monthly payment.  That is not to say we can afford any amount, but adding a second car payment will be less stressful than sharing a car.  Yesterday Jeremy calls me and tells me that his uncle has a friend who is selling his OLD Ford Ranger for $800.  He just replaced the transmission and put a fresh coat of paint on.  Now I am all about saving money, but I have a problem with old clunkers.  I am afraid that after a couple of months, we will be dumping more money into it than it is worth.  Not to mention that even though Jeremy will have a vehicle, he still wants a diesel truck.  So why not skip the clunker and go ahead and purchase that diesel truck.  But God spoke to me this morning:

Thank Him for the glorious gift of His Spirit.  As we bring Him the sacrifice of thanksgiving, regardless of our feelings, His Spirit is able to work more freely within us.  This produces more thankfulness and more freedom, until we are overflowing with gratitude.  He showers blessings on us daily, but sometimes we don't perceive them.  When our mind is stuck on a negative focus, we see neither Him nor His gifts.  In faith, thank Him for whatever is preoccupying our mind.  This will clear the blockage so that we can find Him.
2 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Psalm 50:14

He reminds me that I should not focus so much on clunker vs. newer car.  It is about Him providing for us during our time of need.  We need a second vehicle, and God has made a way for us to be able to afford one.  I just do not perceive this blessing because I am focused so much on the negative aspects of owning an old car.  Who knows, this truck might be the best vehicle we have ever owned.  I should not label it because it is old.  I need to be thankful regardless of my feelings on the situation.

No comments: