Thursday, March 06, 2014

Obedience vs. Obligation

As I lay in bed this morning, I realize that something that once was called obedience somehow rephrased itself to obligation.  There I was, soaking my pillow with tears, not understanding why I was still having problems, even though I felt like I was being obedient to God.  But the things God has called me to do, I once did with a cheerful heart, but now it seems as if I just added it to my checklist of things to do.  I also realized that I had replaced my intimate time with God with those acts of obedience, thinking they were the same thing.  But even at this stage of life, I realize that I need God.  That my intimate relationship with Him cannot be replaced.  That is where I go to bare my heart.  To cast all my cares and worries.  To present my requests with thanksgiving.  To worship and praise Him.  I am not in continual communication with Him if I neglect my quiet time.  That act of obedience should surpass them all.

Continue on this path with Me, enjoying My presence even in adversity.  I am always before you, as well as alongside you.  I am everywhere at every time, ceaselessly working on your behalf.  That is why your best efforts are trusting Me and living close to Me.
Hebrews 7:25; Psalm 37:3-4

Tomorrow is my weigh day.  I am worried that I have gained.  But after talking to a couple of people about deloading, I have learned that it is beneficial in the long-term, even if you gain in the short-term.  My friend has even said that during weeks when she gives herself an extra 100 calories per day, she loses more that week than any other week.  So if I gain tomorrow, it's okay because I know that I will continue losing.  What is one week out of a lifetime.  Besides, I will have more of these weeks to come because I know that I need to make deloading a part of my journey.  So instead of worrying, I need to enjoy these breaks.  I have come a long way, and I am not about to let one week ruin all that I have worked hard for.  I never want to go back to the place I was.  God is transforming me, one day at a time.

No comments: