Saturday, March 08, 2014

A Changed Perspective

This morning I read on instagram that health is beauty; to strive for that rather than a perfect outside image.  Even though I am overall happy with my progress, there are days when I feel like I failed.  For example, when I go over my calories or take a day off from exercise.  Even if I achieve my goal, I am pretty sure I will find something else that's flawed, and work on that.  It is just a never-ending vicious cycle with me.  But at least I have my health.  Even if I do not have the perfect body, I feel amazing.  I have never felt healthier than I do at this moment.  I am reminded this morning that I need to stop reaching for things that will never bring contentment. 

Save our best striving for seeking His face.  We must seek Him above all else.  Anything that we desire more than Him becomes an idol.  Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Him about it.  Let the light of His presence shine on this pursuit so that we can see it from His perspective.  If the goal fits into His plans for us, He will help us reach it.  If it contrary to His will for us, He will gradually change the desire of our hearts.  Seek Him first and foremost; then the rest of our lives will fall into place, piece by piece.
1 Chronicles 16:11; Matthew 6:33

God's will for me is to be healthy, not to have a perfect body.  He does not care about the outside of me, but the inside.  If I can see my journey through His perspective, then the pressure is off.  He will help me attain my goals.  I can stop beating myself up for mistakes because my perspective has changed.  My weight-loss journey, my blog, my life; it is all to bring Him glory.  To show people what God has done, and is still doing.  Changing my perspective is the key to changing my mindset.

No comments: