Friday, March 21, 2014

Inside Out

It is amazing to see that when you surrender something to the Lord, He blesses it.  That thing that you have struggled with for so long becomes easier to manage, when you trust God to do what He does best.  He has plans to prosper us, not harm us; to give us hope and a future.  So instead of trying to do things my way, and becoming frustrated when things do not go as planned, I will do things His way.  I have done things my way for so long, and it never works out.  I am weak in many areas, so I need to rely on His strength to carry me through.

Trust Him and do not be afraid, for He is our strength and song.  His power is unlimited.  Human weakness draws His power into our neediness.  However, fear can block flow of His strength into us.  Instead of being afraid, concentrate on trusting Him.  When we have confident trust in Him, there is no limit to how much He can strengthen us.  Remember that He is our song.  He wants us to share His joy, living in conscious awareness of His presence.  Rejoice as we journey together toward heaven.  Join Him in singing His song.
Isaiah 12:2-3; Psalm 21:6

Tomorrow is STAT day.  Instead of just weighing myself, I will also be measuring my arms, thighs, chest and waist.  I have started T25 this week and I absolutely love it!  It's short and intense!  I have also gone back to counting my calories.  There are some days when I am just absolutely starving, so I will listen to my body, even if that means I eat extra calories.  During this weight loss journey, I have realized that it is not about just changing the physical aspect, it's about the emotional and mental too.  If I do not change all three during this journey, I will ultimately fail in the end.  That is why my weight has always been an issue.  I find it so ironic that the theme of VBS at our church this year is Inside Out.  That is my journey this year; to change from the inside out, not outside in, like it has been for many years.

No comments: