Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ask, Seek And Knock

Next week marks the beginning of my new 10 week workout program.  I purchased the T25 program, and I am excited to see how it will transform my body.  Having just come out of a deload week, and beginning a whole new program next week, I have been unmotivated to go hardcore this week.  I only worked out three times and ate more than my allotted calories.  However, I felt like my body needed to come back slow.  So this week, I listened to my body.  I stopped obsessing and did what was best for my mind and body. 

Listen to the love song that I am continually singing to you.  I take great delight in you.  The voices of the world are a cacophony of chaos, pulling you this way and that.  Don't listen to those voices; challenge them with His Word.  Learn to take minibreaks from the world, finding a place to be still in His presence.  Though He pours out blessings upon you always, some of His richest blessings have to be actively sought.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Zephaniah 3:17; Matthew 7:7

After I read this morning's devotional, I have come to realize that this week wasn't about right vs. wrong; how many calories I was consuming, how many days I exercised, how intense I went with my workouts.  It was about the mental and emotional aspects of my journey.  The stuff that has to change, along with my physical aspects, in order to succeed.  When I went to bed last night, I began to think about how I would feel if I gained after the week that I had.  But instead of freaking out, I was at peace about it.  This is a lifelong journey, and I never promised myself that it was going to be easy.  There will be good days and bad.  I will have success, as well as failure.  But God loves me no matter what, shortcomings and all.  I will not live my life allowing the world to tell me what to do.  I am going to actively seek God because that is where I find contentment amidst the demands of this world. 

With all that being said, I weighed myself this morning and I lost a pound.  I am surprised because I have not done so great this week, but like I said before and will continue saying (and I guess that is why Jeremy always calls me peat and repeat...hahaha), "seek the Kingdom of God first, and everything else will follow."

No comments: