Friday, March 28, 2014

Giver, Not a Taker

When I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I thought life would be peaches and cream.  I assumed that the grass was greener on the other side, the Christian side.  Boy was I wrong.  Living a life for God is harder than living a life for the flesh.  I have to die to myself daily, in order to let Christ live through me.  Even though I mess up everyday of my life, God is merciful.  He redeems me and gives me a clean slate every morning.  Life has been harsh, and Jeremy and I have walked through many valleys, but God has never forsaken us.  He has worked everything out for our good.  He has blessed us beyond what we can imagine.  He is a God who gives.  As Jeremiah 29:11 states, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

He is a God who gives and gives and gives.  When He died for us on the cross, He held nothing back.  Giving is inherent in His nature, so He searches for people who are able to receive in full measure.  To increase our intimacy with Him, the two traits we need are receptivity and attentiveness.  Receptivity is opening up our innermost being to be filled with His abundant riches.  Attentiveness is directing our gaze to Him, searching for Him in all our moments.  Through such attentiveness we receive His perfect peace.
Philippians 2:17; Mark 10:15; Isaiah 26:3

Tomorrow is STATday!  Cannot wait to see what my measurements are for this week.  My trouble area is my mid-section, but it's changing with T25.  For spring break we are going to Pigeon Forge, TN to a resort with an indoor/outdoor water park.  I have a week to get my body bathing suit ready; one piece that is!

No comments: