Sunday, March 09, 2014

Some R & R

This weekend has been a pretty easy, relaxing weekend.  My 4 year old son, who is strong-willed and high-strung, spent the weekend at my in-laws.  My in-laws kept a couple of my nephews for the weekend, so Chandler wanted to go up there and be with the boys.  At our household, we had my niece for the weekend, so her and my daughter kept an eye on our 2 year old son, Caleb, while Jeremy worked in the yard and I did my own thing.  Over the weekend, I spent my time volunteering at our MOPS consignment sale, shopping with a friend, going out to dinner and running to Costco without stress.  It was so nice to be out, knowing that my husband was not overwhelmed, because he had help watching Caleb.  Sunday night it is back to reality.

Rest in His radiant presence.  There is a cushion of calm at the center of our lives, where we live in union with Him.  Return to this soothing center as often as we can, for this is where we are energized:  filled with His love, joy and peace.  The world is a needy place.  Learn to depend on Him alone, and our weakness will become saturated with His power.  Live in the light of His presence, and our light will shine brightly into the lives of others.
Galatians 5:22; 1 John 4:12

Just like when we are away from our kids to regroup and get energized, we need to go to this soothing center that God talks about.  That is where we are filled with his love, joy and peace.  That is where I can go to take a break.  To get a moment when everything around me seems chaotic.  Everyone depends on me for everything, but I can depend on God.  I can be filled with His power so that I can make a positive impact in our household. 

No comments: