Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Through Him

After dropping my two oldest children off at school, I took my youngest son to the park.  We played all morning, had a picnic lunch and then went back to preschool to pick up Chandler.  Once we got home, I laid both boys down for a nap, ran my first hot load with bleach (to clean my washing machine), and changed into my workout clothes.  This past weekend was daylight savings time.  Even though we only lost an hour of sleep, I feel like I lost 3.  I am so tired, all I want to do is crawl into bed and take a nap.  But a mom's job is never done.  After the first hot load with bleach is finished, it has to be followed up with a hot load with white vinegar.  Lately our clothes have not been smelling clean, so Pinterest instructed me to clean my machine this way.  I also have to fit in a workout and a shower, all before my daughter gets home from school in a couple of hours.  Instead of rushing into my next activity, I decided to rest, sit on the couch and do my devotional instead.

Walk by faith, not by sight.  As we take steps of faith, depending on Him, He will show us how much He can do for us.  If we live our lives too safely, we will never know the thrill of seeing Him work through us.  When He gave us His Spirit, He empowered us to live beyond our natural ability and strength.  That is why it is so wrong to measure our energy level against the challenges ahead of us.  The issue is not our strength but His, which is limitless.  By walking close to Him, we can accomplish His purposes in His strength.
2 Corinthians 5:7; Galatians 5:25

I can either push myself to exhaustion, or I can take a moment and allow God to supply me with his limitless strength.  I cannot depend on my own strength because eventually, it will run out.  This is just another example of us needing God.  Confessing that we cannot do things apart from Him.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: