Monday, March 10, 2014

A Reminder

We are His for all time.  No power can deny us our inheritance in heaven.  He wants us to realize how secure we are.  Even if we falter as we journey through life, He will never let go of our hand.  Knowing that our future is absolutely assured can free us to live abundantly today.  He has prepared this day for us.  Instead of approaching it as a blank page that needs to be filled up, try living it in a responsive mode.  His way is perfect.
Psalm 37:23-24; Psalm 18:30

We are all in need of a reminder that no matter how many mistakes we make, God will never forsake us.  We are His forever.  There is nothing we can do to lose His love for us.  Therefore, we can live freely without expectations weighing us down.  We can stop beating ourselves up for mistakes.  Learn from them and move on. 

I am one for busy schedules.  Maybe not everyday, but when I have days that I can lounge around, I feel unused by God.  But He assures me today that not every blank page has to be filled up.  Just go with what God has called me to do that day.  It might be to just be still and know that He is God.  There are many ways God uses us, and one way is not greater than another.

I get burned out by home videos very easily.  However, in this stage of life, that is really all I can do.  I know I need to mix it up so that I stay on track, and I do.  There are many days that I just go for a walk instead.  I have done Jillian Michaels Revolution for a year.  Then I went to Turbo Fire, and am still at it.  I started that workout since last summer.  So now I am moving onto T25.  I am so excited to start that program.  One of my best workouts are high intensity interval training, and that is what T25 is all about.  Now with all these programs, you would think I am slender and toned.  That is far from the truth!  But I have to say, I have never counted calories, or even ate healthy during all these years of working out.  So I must say, it is 70% what you eat.  It wasn't until I grasped that concept that the weight started really coming off.  I feel healthier, lighter and energized.  And I strongly believe it is because I changed the way I eat.  Like I said before, this journey will not end when I have a body that is Victoria Secret approved.  It is a lifelong journey because it is not just about changing my body, but everything on the inside.

No comments: