Friday, March 14, 2014

Let Go

The past few devotionals, God has been talking on trust.  Is He trying to tell me something?  I mean, of course I trust Him!  But I know that I am only fooling myself if I think I have given him FULL control.  There are many aspects of my life where it's 30/70; He's got three fingers wrapped around it, while I got all 7 holding onto it for dear life. 

Do not hesitate to receive joy from Him, for He bestows it on us abundantly.  The more we rest in His presence, the more freely His blessings flow into us.  It is through spending time with Him that we realize how wide, long, high and deep His love is for us.  Sometimes the relationship He offers us seems too good to be true.  Receive and believe.  As we trust Him more and more, we are able to receive Him and His blessings abundantly.
2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 3:17-19; Psalm 46:10

For some things, I do not give Him full control because I do not trust Him to get me where I want to be; most likely because His will might be different from mine, and I am scared to find out.  For other things, I feel like I need to have more control than Him because oftentimes I feel like it is my performance that will warrant His blessings.  But He reminds me that His love is wide, long, high and deep.  That He FREELY wants to give me joy, and bless me abundantly.  He does not have high expectations of me.  He just wants my time, my heart and my undivided attention.

No comments: