Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Budget Planner

Recently, Jeremy booked a family trip to a resort in Pigeon Forge, TN for spring break.  Even though I am looking forward to getting away, I am also very nervous at the same time.  I am a planner, my husband is spontaneous.  I am a saver, my husband is a spender.  Opposites really do attract...ha!  This trip was not in our budget, and even though we will be okay, I still do not like the idea of spending money without there being a planning process.  It makes my mind travel to the future; travel to the next couple of weeks, reworking the budget to fit our bills and spending money for the trip.  However, I am reminded through today's devotional that I am relying too much on our spreadsheet.  I need to let that go, rely on God (because He is our provision), and make memories with our kids.  They are only little for so long, and I want them to grow up knowing with full confidence that we love them, and that we were willing to sacrifice whatever it was to make their childhood the best that it could be.

Stop trying to work things out before their times have come.  Accept the limitations of living one day at a time.  When something comes to our attention, ask Him whether or not it is part of today's agenda.  If it isn't, release it into His care and go on about today's duties.  When we follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about our life:  a time for everything, and everything in its time.  A life lived close to Him is not complicated or cluttered.  When we focus on His presence, many things that once troubled us will lose their power over us.  Remember that He has overcome the world, and so that in Him we may have peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1; John 16:33

In other news, I gained two pounds this week.  I don't know if it is muscle, or the chinese food I had last night, but I did lose 1% of body fat and a half an inch on both my waist and chest.  Even though I am discouraged, I will not let this stop me.  I should expects ups and downs during this journey.  Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?!

No comments: