Tuesday, March 04, 2014

What Do You Live For?

I am over halfway done with my deload week, and I am so worried about my weigh-in on Friday.  Not only have I not worked out with high intensity, but I have failed on the nutritional aspect of my diet.  I stare at myself everyday in the mirror, looking for areas of my body that has been affected by this week.  I know one week cannot make a huge difference on the scale, but when you are obsessive and compulsive like me about weight, every ounce counts.  Today at MOPS we had a guest speaker.  She spoke on how she lived for her mom.  How she lived to make her happy.  When she heard news of her mom's cancer coming back, she knelt down on her knees and asked God, who is she to live for once her mom is gone.  And God answered her back, saying that she should have been living for Him all along.

All week I live for my weigh day.  I live to see what that scale says.  To see if that scale reflects all the blood, sweat and tears I have poured into myself.  I know that deloading is needed and beneficial, but this week has been the hardest week of my journey.  If I gain at the end of this, I will have failed.  What have I lived for for these past 6 weeks?  All of it would have been for nothing.  But sitting here I am reminded that I need to live for God.  I need to release all my worries to Him.  That He sees me on this journey, and that I am not alone. 

Refuse to worry!  In this world there will always be something enticing me to worry.  The best defense is continual communication with Him, richly seasoned with thanksgiving.  Awareness of His presence fills my mind with light and peace, leaving no room for fear.  This awareness lifts me up above my circumstances, enabling me to see problems from His perspective.
Luke 12:25-26; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

As I said in the very beginning of my blog; Seek the Kingdom of God first, and everything else will follow.  My motives for losing weight has to be right before God.  Taking care of my holy temple is an act of worship.  God will honor my faithfulness and obedience if my motives are pure.  Worrying is a sin, over-indulgence is a sin, and I have done both this week.  So now, I am going to do a low intensity workout, and leave the rest to God.  The scale does not have any bearing on how God sees me.  I need to live for God, and He will take care of everything else.

No comments: