Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Waiting Game

In my life, I feel like I play the waiting game A LOT!  And in the meantime, I live some days in a blur because I want to fast forward to the end of the game.  Currently, I am waiting on God to tell me what my next step is going to be.  With all three of my children in school next year (some only part-time), I wonder if this marks the end of my stay-at-home career.  I have 6 more months until next year's school starts, and I need God to give me a game plan.  It makes me anxious when I do not have my next move lined up. 

Waiting, trusting and hoping are intricately connected, like golden strands interwoven to form a strong chain.  Trusting is the central strand because it is the response from His children that He desires the most.  Waiting and hoping embellish the central strand and strengthen the chain that connects us to Him.  Waiting is evidence that we trust Him.  Hoping is future-directed.  Because we are His, we don't just pass time in our waiting.  We can wait expectantly, in hopeful trust.  Keep our "antennae" out to pick up even the faintest glimmer of His presence.
John 14:1; Psalm 27:14; Hebrews 6:18-20

I need to trust and know that God will reveal His plan to me at His perfect time.  My job is to wait, and not just pass the time, but to wait expectantly knowing that God has a specific plan in mind.  My hopes should be high because God knows what is best for me, and knows the desires of my heart.  Even if my will does not align with His, His will is perfect.  He has my best interest in mind.  So I need to live life one day at a time.  God will lead me every step of the way. 

No comments: