Wednesday, March 05, 2014

One-Car Family

We are a one-car family.  Have been for years now.  With my husband traveling a lot, we never had a need for a second vehicle.  But here lately in our season of life, it is becoming difficult.  Jeremy parks his big truck at a parking lot, and we go pick him up.  Doesn't sound too bad huh?  It wasn't when he was gone all week.  But now that he is home more often, the problem I run into is that he needs to be picked up at such inconvenient times, whether it is during nap time, bed time, gymnastics time, any time but convenient times.  This morning is when I about had it with the one car situation, and the inconvenient times.  It is 4:40 am and Jeremy wakes me up, asking me to take him to his truck so he can get a head start on the day.  If I was a cartoon character, steam would be coming out of my ears all the way to the parking lot.  I was cranky, moody and just plain ole mean!

Make friends with the problems in our lives.  Many things may feel random and wrong, but remember that He is sovereign over everything.  He can fit everything into a pattern for good, but only to the extent that we trust Him.  Every problem can teach us something, transforming us little by little into the masterpiece He created us to be.  The very same problem can become a stumbling block in which we fall if we react with distrust and defiance.  Thank God for our problems.  It opens our minds to the possibility of benefits flowing from our difficulties.  He will not necessarily remove our problems, but His wisdom is sufficient to bring good out of every one of them.
Romans 8:28; 1 Corinthians 1:23-24

As the day passed, I began to feel bad about the way I acted.  Jeremy works hard for us so we can be financially stable on one income.  I could at least do my part and pick him up and drop him off, even if it is at inconvenient times.  It is difficult to be a one-car family, but God has our best interest in mind when we are faced with a difficulty.  God has put us through many trials.  But something good always came out of each one, and we are transformed and matured in our faith because of them.  It is difficult when going through a trial, but looking back I am always thankful that He put us there.

No comments: