Thursday, April 17, 2014

Whoa, Steady

He is training us in steadiness.  Too many things interrupt our awareness of Him.  Awareness of Him can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens.  This is the steadiness He desires for us.  Don't let unexpected events throw us off course.  Respond calmly and confidently, remembering that He is with us.  As soon as something grabs our attention, talk with Him about it.  He helps us cope with whatever is before us.  This is how He lives in us and works through us.  This is the way of peace.
Psalm 112:7; Isaiah 41:10

When I am spending quiet time with God, or on my knees praying, I find that my mind often wanders and I constantly have to reel it back in.  It is not because I find God boring, but because so many other things vie for my attention.  Steadiness by definition means firmly fixed, supported, not shaking or moving.  God wants us to fix our gaze on Him.  It's like a one year old at the movies, moving around because their attention span is all but one minute.  God does not want us to be shaky.  He wants us to be steady in Him.  He will support us by helping us cope with whatever takes our attention away from Him.  He is there to help, if only we call on Him.

On a personal note, I need to learn how to be steady emotionally.  I react based on my emotions, and oftentimes I blow things out of proportion.  Chandler has told a friend of mine that I am grumpy, and I do not deny that.  Kids see what they see, and they are so honest.  Staying at home can take a toll on you emotionally.  It is not easy to deal with stuff calmly because sometimes, my nerves are shot.  I need to learn to be steady as a wife and mom.  Sometimes Jeremy says, I do not know what version of Ju I will get, and he's right.  Sometimes I let God live through me, and sometimes I let the flesh take over.  Being constant will benefit me and the people around me.  I need to work on that.

No comments: