Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Problems, Problems, Problems

We are His for all time; nothing can separate us from His love.  Since He has invested His very life in us, be well assured that He will also take care of us.  When our mind goes into neutral and our thoughts flow freely, we tend to feel anxious and our thoughts flow freely.  Our focus becomes problem solving.  To get our mind back into gear, just turn toward Him, bringing ourselves and our problems into His presence.  Many problems vanish instantly in the light of His love because we realize we are never alone.  Other problems may remain, but they become secondary to knowing Him and rejoicing in the relationship He so freely offers us.  Each moment we can choose to practice His presence or to practice the presence of problems.
Romans 8:38-39; Exodus 33:14

I do not always get to spend my first hour of the day with God.  I wish I did though because on days that I do, my problems do not seem all that big.  Things are put into perspective, and I realize that my problems are of this world.  If I make God my priority, all the other things take a back seat.  Making God my priority allows me to put my trust and dependence on Him, and not on myself.

No comments: