Thursday, April 10, 2014

Which Way?

When I think back through my life, every fork in the road I have faced has led me to God.  I often think, if I chose the other path, I do not know if I would be a Christian today.  Even though I had a normal childhood, I went through some dark times during my college years.  I lived a life I am not proud of, nor want to relive.  But through it all, God was present, even though I knew nothing of Him.  Through it all, He was there offering me a relationship with Him.  He was there when I least deserved it.  

Trust Him in every detail of our lives.  Nothing is random in His kingdom.  Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Him.  Instead of trying to analyze the intricacies of the pattern, focus our energy on trusting Him and thanking Him at all times.  Nothing is wasted when we walk close to Him.  Even our mistakes and sins can be recycled into something good through His transforming grace.  While we were still living in darkness, He began to shine the light of His presence into our sin-stained life.  Finally, He lifted us up out of the mire into His marvelous light.  Having sacrificed His very life for us, He can be trusted in every facet of our lives.
Jeremiah 17:7; Romans 8:28; Psalm 40:2; 1 Peter 2:9 

No comments: