Saturday, April 19, 2014

Unfailing Love

He loves us regardless of how well we are performing.  We wonder if we are doing enough to be worthy of His love.  Our performance and His love are totally different issues.  He loves us with an everlasting love, without limits or conditions.  He has clothed us in His robe of righteousness, and nothing and no one can reverse it.  Therefore, our accomplishment as a Christian has no bearing on His love for us.  Bring our performance anxiety to Him, and receive in its place His unfailing love.
Jeremiah 31:3; Isaiah 61:10; Psalm 31:16; Psalm 107:8

Today's devotional is so refreshing to hear.  I feel like I always have to measure up to God's expectations, or else He will punish me.  If every box is checked, He will continue pouring His blessings down on me, right?  Wrong.  I have learned over the years that hard times are not a result of my disobedience.  In some cases, it very well could be, but oftentimes God just wants to teach me, and for me to turn back to Him.  Even though I know this, I need to apply that knowledge to my heart.  To really understand that God loves me no matter how poorly I did.  Things that happen in my life has no relevance to my performance.  It is not connected in any way.  This gives me the freedom to serve God without expectations, without fear, without reservation.

Today was STATday, and I am very disappointed that I did not lose any inches.  I felt like I did very well, and even though I feel like I lost some, it is very disappointing when you actually measure yourself and you did not.  But that is not going to stop me.  I feel awesome, better than I ever have, and I will take that over anything any day.

No comments: