Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Privileged

Keep our eyes on Him, not only for direction but also for empowerment.  He never leads us to do something without equipping us for the task.  That is why it is so important to seek His will in everything we do.  There are many burned-out Christians who think more is always better, who deem it unspiritual to say no.  In order to know His will, we must spend time with Him.  This is not a onerous task but a delightful privilege.  He will show us the path of life; in His presence is fullness of joy; at His right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 141:8; Psalm 16:11

When I first started blogging my daily devotionals, I made sure that I never turned it into a task; something on my to-do list that I had to complete by the end of the day.  Spending time with the Lord is not a tedious task, but a desire on my part.  The Lord not only gives me guidance, but He also empowers me to do things I cannot accomplish on my own.  He gives me the Fruit of the Spirit that I do not possess in my own DNA.  He gives me a peace that not even the best of circumstances can bring.  He keeps me grounded when at times, certain things can veer me off the path.  Every road He has lead me down, good or bad, is for my good and for His glory.  I will never doubt His path of life nor His will.  We never go through anything in vain.  Anything in puts in my way has a purpose, even though I might not understand.  All He asks of me is to be faithful in completing the task set before me.

No comments: