Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Controlling Ways

I live by my calendar.  Without it, I am lost.  When you have three kids, it is hard not to make your calendar your life.  I use it so that I can control what my day will look like.  I need order so that I do not create more chaos in my already chaotic world.  But God has told me before, like He is telling me today, that I need to let go of my controlling nature.  To live each day, ready to drop whatever it is to do God's will.  To not overbook my schedule; to not constantly be on the go, but to be still and listen for what God has for me that day.  I was not able to attend a MOPS meeting today due to Chandler being home with the stomach bug.  I was a little annoyed that I could not go, but God has revealed to me that sometimes I get too wrapped up with my social life.  There is a time and a place for everything; and today, Chandler just needed his mommy to be there for him when he needed me the most.

Listen to Him continually.  He has much to communicate to us, so many people and situations in need of prayer.  He is training us to set our minds on Him more and more, tuning out distractions through the help of His Spirit.  Walk with Him in holy trust, responding to His initiatives rather than trying to make things fit into our plans.  When our minds spin with a multitude of thoughts, we cannot hear His voice.  A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control.  Turn from this idolatry back to Him.  Listen to Him and live abundantly!
John 8:36; Proverbs 19:21; John 10:27

So yesterday, I completed my very first Meatless Monday.  I thought it was going to be tough, since I am such a carnivore, but it was not that bad.  Actually, I feel very good about giving my body a break from meat!  This week is the last week of the alpha cycle in T25.  I have heard the beta cycle is extremely hard.  I hope I am up for the challenge.  I am worried that if it is too hard, I might give up.  I just have to keep reminding myself how great I have been feeling physically, mentally and emotionally, and that should be motivation enough.

No comments: