Friday, April 25, 2014

In a Blink of an Eye

Make Him our focal point as we move through this day.  Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around us.  The only way to keep our balance is to fix our eyes on Him, the One who never changes.  If we gaze too long at our circumstances, we will become dizzy and confused.  Look to Him, refreshing ourselves in His presence, and our steps will be steady and sure.
Hebrews 12:2; Psalm 102:27

In our crazy household, things are always changing.  One minute the kids are playing well together, and before you know it, a fight breaks out.  One minute my daughter is calm and collective, and all of a sudden she has an emotional meltdown (it all starts now folks.  She is 8 and full of DRAMA).  One minute life treats us well, and in a blink of an eye it changes.  But God reminds us that even though this world is whirling around us, changing minute by minute, He never changes.  When we become dizzy, confused and even overwhelmed, we need to turn our focus back to Him.  He is refreshing.  He is safe.  He is my shelter.

Tomorrow is STATday and my last day of the ALPHA cycle.  I am excited to start the BETA cycle; something new to challenge my body.  I feel confident about tomorrow.  I have done extremely well this week with my calories, and I feel great!  I need to always remember how I feel vs. how much weight I have lost because at this point, the number does not matter, for various reasons.  Not only is my body changing, but I am changing as well.  I feel like a different person, inside and out.  I have come a long way, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually; and I never would have embarked on this journey, nor been successful at it, without enlisting God's help.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: