Wednesday, April 16, 2014

By Faith, Not Sight

He is calling us to a life of thankfulness.  The basis for our gratitude is His sovereignty.  He is the Creator and Controller of the universe.  When we criticize or complain, we are acting as if we think we could run the world better than Him.  From our limited human perspective, it may look as if He is mismanaging things.  But we do not know what He knows or see what He sees.  He has designed us to live by faith, not by sight.  Acknowledge His sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances.
Isaiah 6:3; 2 Corinthians 5:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

On top of thanking God for what He does, I need to also thank God for who He is.  He is all-powerful and all-knowing.  He knows what I need, where I need to be and who I need to be.  He is shaping me and reshaping me everyday.  Even though there are times when I think He is not doing a good job on my life, I need to believe that He knows what He is doing, even when it doesn't make sense.  I need to not try and take over, like I have done many times before.  I am commanded to live by faith, not by sight.  If my belief and trust in God was all by sight, it would waver.  It is not about what He can do for me, but what He can do through me.

No comments: