Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Do not be afraid, for He is with us.  Hear Him say, "peace, be still," to our restless heart.  No matter what happens, He will never leave us nor forsake us.  Let this assurance soak into our minds and hearts until we overflow with joy.  Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, we need not fear.  The media relentlessly proclaim bad news.  Instead of focusing on the ever-changing news broadcasts, tune into the Living Word, the One who is always the same.  Let Scripture saturate our minds and hearts, and we will walk steadily along the path of Life.  Even though we do not know what will happen tomorrow, we can be absolutely sure of our ultimate destination.  He holds us by our right hand, and afterward He will take us into Glory.
Mark 4:39; Deuteronomy 31:6; Psalm 46:2; Psalm 73:23-24

Last night, The Bible mini series was on the History Channel.  When I tuned in, Jesus was eating His last supper with His disciples.  He just revealed to them that He was going to be betrayed and condemned to death.  As the disciples showed sadness, confusion and fear, Jesus was telling them to not be afraid.  That He will never leave them.  That the disciples knew the way He was going.  When they said to Him, "how do we know the way if we do not even know where you are going," Jesus responded "I am the way."  Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life.  If we die to our old self, Jesus will give us new birth, a new life.  He died for our sins so that we can have hope.

I love this definition of hope; "a feeling of trust."  I hardly ever watch the news.  It is just filled with darkness.  Saturating my mind with worldly news only creates fear and anxiety in me.  Jesus reminds me to saturate my heart and mind in His Living Word.  He brings light, even to the darkest of places.  I should know.  He has done that several times in my life.  Jesus often reminds me that this life is but a minute, compared to a life of eternity.  I am to use it wisely, and for His Glory.  I want to be able to hear, when I finally meet Jesus face-to-face, "you have done well my good and faithful servant."

No comments: