Tuesday, April 08, 2014

For Us, Not Against Us

I love God's character; His loyalty, His faithfulness, His love, and it is all unconditional.  He doesn't love me only when I am good.  He loves me with all my faults.  When I am in a state of thankfulness, the one thing I am most grateful for is God's determination.  No matter how many times I turn my back on Him, He never gives up on me.  He is so determined to have an intimate relationship with me that He waits, for as long as it takes.  He is there, ready and willing.  I am so grateful to have a God who puts me first.

He is with us and for us.  He never leaves us, even when we leave Him by ignoring Him.  When we feel distance in our relationship with Him, we know where the problem lies.  His love for us is constant; He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  It is us who change, letting circumstances toss us this way and that.  When we feel far from Him, whisper His name.  This simple act, done in childlike faith, opens our heart to His presence.  He is delighted when we open ourselves to His loving presence.
Genesis 28:15; Romans 8:31; Hebrews 13:8

No comments: