Friday, April 04, 2014

In The Still of the Soul

He meets us in the stillness of our souls.  It is there that He seeks to commune with us.  Stillness of soul is increasingly rare in this world addicted to noise and speed.  He is pleased with our desire to create a quiet space where we can meet with Him.  Don't be discouraged by the difficulty of achieving this goal.  He monitors all of our efforts and is blessed by each of our attempts to see His face.
Zechariah 2:13; 2 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 23:2-3

Since Caleb has been sick, it has been difficult for me to continue my early morning routine.  Without a full night's sleep, I do not have the energy to get up at 5 in the morning, or even 6, and spend quiet time with the Lord.  This morning, however, I got up with Jeremy, sent him off to work, made my coffee and sat down to spend time with the Lord when Alexa and Chandler decided they wanted to be early birds too.  So here I am, locked up in my bedroom with the television blaring in the living room, trying to spend time with God in the stillness. He honors all of my efforts, whether it is spending time with Him in total silence or with kids running around.  I shouldn't focus so much about the environment, but about making my time with Him worthwhile.

Tomorrow is STATday.  I have to say, I am a bit nervous.  This week has been a tough one.  I have not been very committed to my calorie counting app.  But I have come to the realization that if I want to be successful, and not become obsessive, I need to give the app up.  I cannot put my success on a number.  I cannot beat myself up for going over on my calories.  This weight loss journey was not intended to me to be a certain weight, or wear a certain size; it was all about changing my outlook on health and life.  I did not want to be in bondage over food anymore.  I wanted to eat and be free.  What I want out of this is freedom.  Freedom to eat and be okay.  Freedom to be the size that I am and be okay.  Freedom to not wear the trendiest clothes and be okay.  I can do this without some app reprimanding me for overeating one day.  The most important thing is that I feel great.  I have more energy, I feel more alive, I have more confidence, I feel good about myself.  I will take that over size 2 jeans any day.

No comments: