Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Taking It Slow

I like to work out first thing in the morning.  That is where I get my energy from; and I like getting it out of the way.  However, it looks like I will not be able to get my workout in until nap time today.  My children have their 6 month dental checkups this morning, so I can either workout and rush to get out the door, or I can grab my hot cup of coffee and spend time with God.  I chose the latter.  One of the things I am trying to work on is not to be such a control freak.  To not have a mental itinerary of the day.  God is teaching me this morning that I have a choice.  To either follow my mental checklist and be stressed, or to take it slow.  Each day is a gift from God, and I am to use it wisely.

Let Him teach us thankfulness.  Begin by acknowledging that everything belongs to Him.  Each new day is a gift from Him, not to be taken for granted.  If we slow down our pace of life, we can find Him anywhere.  Some of His most precious children have been laid aside in sickbeds or shut away in prisons.  Others have voluntarily learned the discipline of spending time alone with Him.  The secret of being thankful is learning to see everything from His perspective.  His world is our classroom.  His Word is a lamp to our feet and a light for our paths.
Hebrews 12:28-29; Psalm 119:105

Yesterday I hurt my ankle.  I jumped from our tub and landed hard on our tile.  So today I am switching my workout days and doing upper body.  I do not want to injure it more by doing all sorts of crazy moves.  I did not get to do Meatless Monday yesterday so I will be doing Meatless Tuesday today.  I had lunch with my neighbor at a Japanese restaurant, and who does hibachi and has vegetables?!  Not me!  I know, I am so not disciplined!  But I have to live life right?!  Or at least I tell myself that...hehe.  I started BETA yesterday, and even though it was not as tough as I thought it was going to be, I did get a great workout.  It felt so good to sweat like I did.  Here's to the next 5 weeks!

No comments: