Monday, April 14, 2014

2 In 1

I realized when I opened up my devotional this morning that I failed to do my devotional yesterday.

4/13/14
When He gives us no special guidance, stay where we are.  Concentrate on doing our everyday tasks in awareness of His presence with us.  Through collaborating with Him in all things, we allow His life to merge with ours.  This is the secret of joyful and victorious living.  He designed us to depend on Him moment by moment, recognizing that apart from Him we can do nothing.  Be thankful for quiet days instead of being bored by the lack of action.  Use this time to seek His face.  This speaks volumes in spiritual realms.  We will be richly blessed when we walk trustingly with Him through the routines of our day.
Colossians 3:23; John 15:5; Psalm 105:4

Yesterday morning, Jeremy informs me that he wanted to try a different church.  He has mentioned it before, but I always ignored it.  Our church has been our home for almost 5 years now, and I was not about to start all over in a different church.  After a long debate, I finally came to a conclusion that I did not want to be selfish anymore.  If Jeremy feels like He is not getting what He needs from our church, then I will be willing to go somewhere else.  I am willing to put His needs before mine.  I am not good with change, but change is not always bad.  Then I read yesterday's devotional and the first sentence is, "When I give you no special guidance, stay where you are."  I do not want to make any rash decisions like we have done in the past.  I definitely want both of us to pray about it.  It will be a big move for all of us.  When Alexa overheard my mother-in-law and I talking about the possibility of moving churches, she chimed in and said she did not want to switch.  The kids love it there.  I love it there.  But Jeremy needs to love it there too.  "Be still and know that I am God" and that is what we will do until He tells us otherwise.

4/14/14
Heaven is both present and future.  As we walk along His life-path, we are already in touch with the essence of heaven.  We can also find many hints of heaven along our pathway because the earth is radiantly alive with His presence.  Shimmering sunshine, birds, flowers, trees; they all evoke praises to His Holy Name.  At the end of our life-path is an entrance to heaven.  Only He knows when we will reach that destination, but He is preparing us for it each step of the way.  We will reach our home in His perfect timing.  Let the hope of heaven encourage us as we walk along the path of life with Him.
1 Corinthians 15:20-23; Hebrews 6:19

As I mentioned in a previous post, I love sitting outside in our backyard.  It brings me so much peace.  Taking in everything God has made, and listening to the birds, I catch a glimpse of heaven.  Not that I think that is what heaven looks like, but certainly the peace and serenity it brings me when I sit back there.  Knowing for certain that heaven is my final destination brings me comfort and joy.  It allows me to live life not fearful of death or the afterlife.  I cannot wait till I am in a place where there is no more sorrow and no more pain; just love and life.

In other news, I am excited about continuing week 4 of T25 today.  I took last week off due to spring break and my birthday.  So today I am back on my healthy eating and exercising.  I am surprised at my excitement.  I normally dread it, but since I am approaching it with a new outlook and attitude, I actually enjoy eating healthy and exercising.  The way it makes me feel helps me to keep at it.  My body changing because of it is just a bonus.

No comments: