Saturday, April 12, 2014

It's All a Matter of Trust

Trusting Him is a moment-by-moment choice.  We trust Him when things go well, when we see Him working on our behalf.  This type of trust flows readily within us, requiring no exertion of our will.  When things go wrong, our trust-flow slows down and solidifies.  We are forced to choose between trusting Him intentionally or rebelling, resenting His ways with us.  This choice constitutes a fork in the road.  Choose to trust Him in all circumstances.
Exodus 15:22-25; Psalm 31:14

We are all guilty of it; trusting God with our whole heart when things are well, and questioning God's love for us when things are not.  God has put Jeremy and I through the wringer in the past.  Oftentimes I have questioned His love for me.  Why would He put me through such a devastating situation?  What good could come out of all this?  I had a choice to either trust Him or rebel.  Sometimes I rebelled, telling God that if He did not change my circumstance, that I was going to turn my back on Him.  Other times, I had no choice but to trust Him.  I mean what else did I have to lose.  But God has proven Himself to be faithful and good.  Looking back at everything God has put us through, something good always comes out of it.  We would not be leading the life we are living if God has not put us through some tough times.  I wish to not have any reruns, but I know that is inevitable.  But when those times come, and they will, I know God will prove Himself to be faithful and good again.  Trusting Him is all we can do because He knows what is best for us, and I believe in that.

No comments: