Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Master Planner

Trust Him and do not be afraid.  Many things feel out of control.  Our routines are not running smoothly.  We tend to feel more secure when our life is predictable.  Let Him lead us to the rock that is higher than us and our circumstances.  Take refuge in the shelter of His wings, where we are absolutely secure.  When we are shaken out of our comfortable routines, look for growth opportunities.  Instead of bemoaning the loss of our comfort, accept the challenge of something new.  He leads us from glory to glory, making us fit for His kingdom.  Say yes to the way He works in our lives.
Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 61:2-4; 2 Corinthians 3:18

I am all about routines and schedules.  I find it comforting to make a mental checklist and by the end of the day, have all those boxes checked.  But not everyday goes as smoothly as I plan.  Curve balls get thrown, and the faster it's thrown, the more anxious I become.  Change is something I am not good with.  Some people might not like monotony, but I somehow find it comforting.  To know that things remain the same, even though everything else is forever changing.  My mentality is "why fix it if it's not broken."  But I will never grow if I stay exactly where I am.  I never would have grown if God did not take me to places I never wanted to go.  He brings me to new places to break me, then shape me.  He knows what He is doing.  I just need to have an obedient heart, say yes and trust Him for the outcome.

I know I have said before that I am deleting my calorie counting app, but I have realized that for the past two weeks, I have been overeating.  I do not have the willpower to eat in moderation on my own.  So I am back to using the app, but not making it public.  Initially, my intentions of sharing my progress was to have accountability.  Even though my intentions were good, it started affecting my motivation.  I was losing weight for the wrong reasons.  I did not want to disappoint; therefore, it was stressing me out.  This journey is all about health and wellness, not size 2 jeans.  It's about changing inside out, not outside in.

No comments: