Saturday, April 26, 2014

Changing Perspectives

Welcome problems as perspective-lifters.  If we encounter a problem with no immediate solution, our response to that situation will take us either up or down.  We can lash out at the difficulty, resenting it and feeling sorry for ourselves.  This will take us down into a pit of self-pity.  Alternatively, the problem can be a ladder, enabling us to climb up and see our lives from His perspective.  Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated us is only a light and momentary trouble.  Once our perspective has been heightened, we can look away from the problem altogether.  Turn toward Him, and see the light of His presence shining upon us.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18; Psalm 89:15

It seems as if I face problems almost on a weekly basis.  Most are small, but even the smallest of problems will get some sort of reaction out of me.  Some I handle well, others not so much.  When I do not seek God during the midst of my problems, I let "me" take over.  I react the way I want to; I feel the way I want to; and through it all, I feel entitled to it.  That is when the problem escalates because it lingers and won't go away, until I die to "me" and let God work.  We need to see everything through God's perspective.  Only then will we see problems for what they really are.

I lost a pound today, after not losing anything for the past three weeks or so.  I am two pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, even though it does not look it.  My problem area is my mid-section.  Having three kids has not been kind to my lower stomach area.  I have loose skin that will not go away with crunches.  I guess I will just have to get a job to save up money for skin removal surgery...haha!  Today is the last day of the ALPHA cycle.  Monday starts the BETA cycle.  I have heard it is extremely hard, but I am ready to take my fitness to the next level.  I am ready to start feeling pain again.  Hopefully the BETA cycle will help tone my mid-section.  A girl can hope right?!

No comments: