Saturday, February 01, 2014

Walk By Faith, Not By Sight

Currently my husband and I are climbing a spiritual mountain.  We began a few weeks ago, but we are still a long ways from reaching the mountain peaks.  There are some days where I feel like God needs to rescue us before we crumble under the pressure, but today's devotional spoke to me.

Follow Him one step at a time.  That is all that is required of us.  We see huge mountains looming, and we start wondering how we are going to scale those heights.  Meanwhile we stumble on the easy path He is leading us through now, because we are not paying attention.  We tell Him how worried we are about the cliffs ahead, but we do not know what is going to happen today.  Our paths may take an abrupt turn, leading us away from the mountains.  If He does lead us up the cliffs, He will equip us for the climb.  Keep our mind on the present journey.  Walk by faith, not by sight.
Psalm 18:29; Psalm 91:11-12; 2 Corinthians :7

God wants me to walk by faith, not by sight.  I do not need to take control, but to let Him take me where He wants me to go.  As I have learned in the past, climbing mountains is for my benefit and He will help me through it.  All He requires of me is my obedience; not my strength, not my skills nor my brains.  Remember, God either orchestrates or allows any and all circumstances.  I never know why God puts me through something until I come out of it and look back.  So instead of worrying, I need to keep my mind on the present journey and not try to be one step ahead of God.  He knows what He is doing, and I should not try and predict the next step.  Just go with His perfect plan.

Today was weigh day.  DOWN 2 LBS!  I am ecstatic that I am doing so well; on the scale, my eating and exercise habits, and mostly my mentality.  However, I do need to stop relying so much on what the scale says.  I know that eventually the scale will either remain the same, or go up, because muscle does weigh more than fat.  I know I still have more weight to lose, but every week I need to see progress for what it is...PROGRESS regardless of what the scale says.

No comments: