Thursday, February 27, 2014

Live Today

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am dealing with feelings of bitterness and anxiety.  I thought I had let those go, but they creep up at the most unexpected time.  I can't help but feel the need to have control over everything in my life.  That is the only way I can have order in my mind, and in my life.  If things do not go according to my blueprint, that's when those negative emotions arise.  But if I try to control everything, I will miss what God has in store for me.  I will miss those blessings, and I will forever live with those feelings that keep me imprisoned.

Keep my eyes on Him.  As my circumstances consume more and more of my attention, I am losing sight of Him.  My gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow.  If I try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, I will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat.  I must discipline myself to live within the boundaries of today.  Keep my focus on His presence in the present. 
Psalm 73:23; Corinthians 10:13

I need to live life to the fullest. To live each day like it is my last.  I started a new study today called Stuck.  How many times do we say to ourselves, our life will get easier once we reach blank.  My life will really start when I achieve blank.  Life does not wait for us to become who we want to be, or achieve what we want to achieve, in order to really start living it.  If I was born perfect in a perfect world, there would not be a need for God in me.  I need to start living life now because I will always be a work in progress.

No comments: