Wednesday, February 19, 2014

No Mo Problems!

I have a tendency to make mountains out of mole hills.  One way to do that is to focus on the problem, and have it overtake my life.  We have had our fair share of problems; financial, marital, family.  But God has seen us through it all.  We will have trouble in this life, but God will never forsake us. 

We will feel weighed down by problems, both big and small.  They will require more and more of our attention, but we must not give in to those demands.  When the difficulties in our lives feel as if they are closing in on us, break free by spending quality time with Him.  We need to remember who He is in all His power and glory.  Humbly bring Him our prayers and petitions.  Rely on Him, our strength.
Exodus 3:14; Habakkuk 3:17-19

I have felt convicted lately about limiting my quality time with the Lord to just reading my devotional.  When problems arise, it is not good for my soul to just read a devotional, but to go to God in prayer.  Praying contacts me to Him.  It is my life line.  I need to remember that I can pour out my thoughts, my sadness, my frustrations, my disappointments to Him.  And that I can petition my desires to Him.  He is listening, and he desires to give us what we ask for, as long as it lines up with His will.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband has been obedient in God's calling for our family to tithe above and beyond what we are normally called to give.  Through this act of obedience, I know that God will work in a mighty way.  For example, I got the gas bill today and it was high dollars.  But thanks be to God, the deposit we had put down years ago was credited back to us and therefore it wiped out our bill to $-6.  We need to remember these times when God works in our lives.  When we are midst adverse circumstances, and we think God is absent.  He is there working in the background for our good.  All He asks of us is to stay in continual communication with Him.  He will keep us on the path.

No comments: