Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 3

Peace be with us!  Ever since the resurrection, this has been His watchword to those who yearn for Him.  As we sit quietly, let His peace settle over us.  He died a criminal's death in order to provide us with this radiant peace.  Receive it abundantly and thankfully.  It is strong enough to withstand all onslaughts.  It will keep our hearts and minds close to Him.
John 20:19, 21; John 14:27

I originally titled this post Day 3 because this is the third day in a row that schools have been cancelled, and my children have been home.  Fights have been more frequent, whining has elevated to a new level, and I do not know how much longer my voice will last.  But as I read today's devotional, I realize that this title has more significant meaning.  The third day is when Jesus rose from the dead, after suffering a horrible death for us.  He sacrificed Himself for us so that we can be saved.

I am to receive this sacrificial gift abundantly and thankfully.  There are days when I need Him, His peace, His presence, the Holy Spirit and all of the above.  And He reminds me that there is an abundance, and I can have all of that whenever.  That is what He desires of me.  To seek Him, to receive His peace and to praise Him.

No comments: