Friday, February 07, 2014

Rest For The Weary

As I spend the early part of my morning in the car, I cannot help but let those feelings of worthlessness get me down.  I realize that this is what I have been talking about for the past few blogs, but this is me.  Lately, this is what I seem to be dealing with on a daily basis.  This is my battle.  Anyway, I call my sister-in-law to talk about it, instead of letting it eat at me and ruin my entire day.  I can see now that this is my greatest weakness, and Satan is using it to his advantage.  I know that I am a threat to him.  Anyone allowing God to change them, and be used for His glory, is a threat to Satan.  I just do not know why I can't see this for what it truly is, and stop beating myself up for the lies Satan is attacking me with.

Go to Him for rest and refreshment.  The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion.  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Him to take charge of your life.  Remember that He can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different.  Start with where you are, accepting that this is where He intends for you to be.  Your desire to live in His presence goes against the world, the flesh and the devil.  Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents.  However, you are on the path of His choosing, so do not give up!  Hope in Him, for you will again praise Him for the help of His presence.
Romans 8:28; Psalm 42:11

I am tired of this constant struggle within myself.  I feel like there are days when God is frustrated with my constant criticism and just wants me to move on!  But He tells me to not be ashamed of my exhaustion.  To let Him take charge, because he uses everything for good.  Accept that I am where He intends for me to be.  Much of my weariness results from my constant battle with Satan, and I am letting him win!  I am on the path of His choosing, so I need to be the best at it.  I need to put ALL my hope in Him; not on my abilities, not on my criticisms, not on anything but Him, and I will again praise Him for the help of His presence.

This morning was my weigh day and I am happy to report that I am down another pound.  Even with me adding in two days of strength training, that has not affected the number on my scale.  Tonight I am going to enjoy myself with no worries.  I need to let myself do that once in awhile, if I want to let this be a lifelong journey.

No comments: