Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Give ourselves fully to the adventure of today.  Walk boldly along the path of life, relying on our ever-present companion.  We have every reason to be confident because His presence accompanies us.  Do not give in to fear or worry, those robbers of abundant living.  Face problems as they come, rather than trying to anticipate them.  Fix our eyes on Him, and the many difficulties ahead will vanish as we reach them.  Whenever we start to feel afraid, remember that He is holding our hands!
Hebrews 12:2; Isaiah 41:13

Life is an adventure.  It is like a roller coaster.  Up and down, and around we go.  Being a mom of three, life is never dull.  Just this morning was uneventful in itself.  Is it too much to ask to get 45 minutes to myself, to do something for myself, without having to break up fights and have a cheerios explosion in the living room.  But leave it up to my kids to need something when I am busy.  But I am not going to worry about the cheerios, or the sibling rivalry, when I am doing something that helps me live abundantly.  Spending quiet time with the Lord and taking care of my body, which is my spiritual act of worship, helps me physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally.  I am fixing my gaze on Him.  I am relying on His strength, not my own, to keep going when I feel like giving up.  To live life abundantly His way.

Tomorrow is weigh day.  I kind of wish I weighed today since it is Valentine's Day and we are eating Chinese food for dinner.  But I will just order from the "light" section of the menu.  It is not worth the disappointment and discouragement I will feel tomorrow morning if I splurged.  Now I must go since I hear a fight breaking out yet again.  Lord help me!

No comments: