Saturday, February 08, 2014

He Saves, In More Ways Than One

In this world we will all face our fair share of troubles.  But we must remember that it is not between flesh and blood, so we should not fight spiritual battles with fleshly weapons.  There is so much to be seen than what we can see with our eyes.  I must always remember this truth when I am dealing with my battles.  I have often wondered why God kept speaking on resting in Him day in and day out.  I do not like facing my problems head on.  I stuff it until I need to unload so that I can stuff some more.  That is why all these problems of insecurities keep surfacing.  I stuffed and now I need to unload.  God knew it was coming, and He wants to comfort me with His words.  He knows how much I can bare, and He knows exactly what I need.

He is above all things: our problems, our pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world.  When we behold His face, we rise above circumstances and rest in Him.  He guarantees that we will have problems in this life, but they must not become our focus.  When we feel ourselves sinking, say "Help me, Jesus" and He will draw us back to Him.  If we must say it thousands of times a day, do not be discouraged.  He knows our weakness, and He will meet us in that very place.
Ephesians 2:6; Matthew 14:28-32

Last night was date night, and we went to a new Asian restaurant down the road from our house.  I have driven by it a million times, but never was brave enough to try a new place.  Don't fix it if it's not broken right?!  Well thank goodness we fixed it!  It was AMAZING.  Best sushi in town!  I had a spicy tuna roll, and a little bit of my kung pao chicken with brown rice.  I am very proud of myself for stopping when my body told me to.  The old me would have fought through it to the last bite, but it is okay to get a box to go and eat it the next day.  That makes you smart, and it makes you brave.  I am in control.

No comments: