Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Change

Last night as I was laying in bed, I had a conversation with God on how I wanted to be more patient, gentle, kind, carefree, self-controlled and less anxious.  I felt like if I just somehow acquired all those traits, I could be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, and overall a better person.  I asked Him for His help in changing me on the inside.  This is what He revealed to me today.

Learn to live from my true center in Him.  He resides in the deepest depths of my being.  It is at this deep level that His peace reigns continually.  I will not find lasting peace in the world around me, in my circumstances or in human relationships.  But there is a gold mine of peace deep within me.  He wants me to live increasingly from my real center, where His love has an eternal grip on me.  He is Christ in Me, the hope of Glory.
Colossians 3:15; Colossians 1:27

Sometimes I feel like if only things in this external world of mine was different, that I would be that person that I long to be.  But God tells me that there is no lasting peace in this world around me.  That I am to live from my true center in Him.  He lives in me, and I should pour out His traits, not my fleshly traits.  He is patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control and all that I long to be.  So instead of trying to change me, I need to live through Him.

No comments: