Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Thankfulness And Trust

The Gideon study I am doing focuses on our weaknesses, and how they are the key to unlocking God's strength.  I have to say that my biggest weakness is my thoughts.  I am my own worst critic.  I am constantly over-analyzing, constantly focusing on the negative aspects of myself and my life, and allowing all that to question God's plan for me.  When I first started blogging, God gave me peace amidst the battle that was going on in my mind.  Everything I thought about myself and my life, God erased from my heart, and reassured me that I am where I am suppose to be.  I hoped that I was turning over a new leaf, but recently my insecurities have come back to taunt me.  I cannot allow myself to become the old me, but it is so easy to slip back into those old habits you have lived with for so long.  I cannot control my thoughts.  I need God to control them for me.  And this is what He says to me.

Bring Him all my weaknesses, and receive His peace.  Accept myself and my circumstances for what they are, remembering that He is sovereign over everything.  Do not wear myself out with analyzing and planning.  Instead, let thankfulness and trust be my guides.  I will cease to notice how weak I am because I will be focusing on Him.  Continue this intimate journey, trusting that the path I am following is headed for heaven.
Psalm 29:11; Numbers 6:24-26; Psalm 13:5

I need to accept myself for who I am, a bride of Christ.  I need to remember that anything that is not of God is from Satan.  All my insecurities are Satan's tools to stop me from accomplishing God's works.  I need to keep my focus on God, and allow Him to heal me, to change me.  I cannot rely on my own strength, but on God's alone.  I know that if I keep seeking Him with my whole heart, He will direct my path.  And if I am on the path He has led me to, I do not need to second guess.  I need to let thankfulness and trust be my guides.

No comments: