Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Slow Down!

As I was laying in bed last night, I began to go over in my mind the agenda for the next day.  I was trying to think of a time where I could fit in my workout.  I could do either really early in the morning or during nap time.  My husband left for work at 6 this morning, so since I was already up, I decided to exercise at 6:30.  There are many reasons why I hate working out that early, but my main reason is because I feel like I do not give 100%.  My body is still sleeping.  Therefore, I feel like the workout was kind of pointless.  Now it is 2:18 pm and my neighbor wants to go for a walk.  If only I didn't try to orchestrate how my day was going to go, I could have crawled back into bed this morning.  If only I could just let things go and not control everything, I wouldn't have had to beat myself up for having a so-so workout.  If only I had my priorities straight and read my devotional first, I would've stopped obsessing.

Rest in His presence, allowing Him to take charge of this day.  Do not bolt into the day like a racehorse suddenly released.  Instead, walk purposefully with Him, letting Him direct my course one step at a time.  Thank Him for each blessing along the way.  A grateful heart protects me from negative thinking.  Thankfulness enables me to see the abundance He showers upon me daily.  In everything give thanks, for this is His will for me.
Colossians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Everyday I have an agenda.  I bolt into each day as if it is a race.  Things are scheduled and I have to be on time, if not early.  But I need to let Him direct my course.  I need to be living a life according to His will.  That should be my first priority.

No comments: