Monday, February 17, 2014

Here's To Just Being Me

Everyday I have a routine.  Having a routine allows me to have order in a chaotic household.  The bad thing about having a routine, however, is it makes me very rigid.  If something gets thrown off, it throws everything off.  Therefore, I get off balanced and it is just downhill from there.

He is the Risen One.  We worship a living Deity, not some man-made idol.  Our relationship with Him is meant to be vibrant and challenging.  Do not fear change, for He is making us into a new creation.  When we cling to old ways, we resist His work in us.  It is easy to make an idol of routine, finding security within the boundaries we build around our lives.  Ask Him to open up our eyes so we can find all He has prepared for us.
Matthew 28:5-7; 2 Corinthians 5:17

One of my goals this year is to be more carefree, more relaxed.  To not have my mind cluttered with things to do, and at what hour to do it.  I do not like change, but I want change.  I feel like I draw a lot of boundaries, and build a lot of walls.  I need God to tear them down, and let me open up to whatever He has for my life.  I know it is far greater than what I am trying to build for myself, or shall I say protect myself from.  I want to break free; break free from all the insecurities that hold me back.  To be a confident women, to not over-analyze, to not be such a schedule nazi.  To just be me, without the extras.

No comments: