Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Peace

For the next couple of days, snow, sleet and ice is predicted to fall in the metro Atlanta area.  Currently it is snowing outside, but it sounds like there is some sleet mixed in with it.  Tomorrow is suppose to be worse than today though, with ice accumulating.  My stubborn husband decided to get one last load in for today, before we get iced in tomorrow.  I have been praying for his safety, and overwhelmed with anxiety and worry.  That's what I do:  eat, sleep and worry.  That's my nature.  But instead of being filled with anxiety and worry, God wants me to rest in His peace, knowing that He is in control.

His peace is like a shaft of golden light shining on us continuously.  He is training us to practice peace that overpowers darkness.  Collaborate with Him in this training.  Do not grow weary and lose heart.
John 1:4-5; Hebrews 12:3

In other news, last night I ate more than my fair share of calories.  Instead of beating myself up for it, I will just do a longer workout today.  Food is not my enemy.  I can choose to let it be, or choose to take responsibility for my actions, learn from it and move on.  That is the only way to be successful in this long journey called healthy living.

No comments: