Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Relax!

Jeremy and I have decided to enroll our youngest son in preschool next year.  He is only 2 years old, but we feel like the preschool program will benefit his development.  Upon enrolling him, I had contemplated whether to pick the two-day or the three-day program.  There are pros and cons to both days, and I just could not make up my mind.  I was hoping the preschool director would make the decision for me by just telling me one of those programs was already full, but that was not the case.  So there I was, staring at the registration form for what seemed like hours, trying to make the best decision I could.  Eventually I picked the three-day program.

I am a full-time stay-at-home mom.  Next year, I will have three mornings to myself.  I know it is months away from now, but I am anxious.  What would I do with my time?  What would I do without at least one of my kids attached to my hip?  What is the purpose of my life now?  So many questions and thoughts have gone through my brain since we made the decision.  So many emotions have come up, and I am having a hard time processing it all.  I am not sure where I stand now.  But reading today's devotional, God has eased my anxiety...for now at least.

He is leading me, step by step, through my life.  Hold His hand in trusting dependence, letting Him guide me through each day.  My future looks uncertain and feels flimsy, even precarious.  That is how it should be.  Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things.  When I try to figure out the future, I am grasping at things that are His.  This form of worry means that I am doubting His promises to care for me.  Whenever I find myself worrying about the future, repent and return to Him.  He will show me the next step forward.  Relax and enjoy the journey in His presence, trusting Him to open up the way before me as I go.
Deuteronomy 29:29; Psalm 32:8

No comments: