Saturday, February 22, 2014

Me, Myself And Ju

I don't know what it is, but lately I have been consumed with bitterness and self-pity.  It might be due to the fact that my parents live so far away; or that my husband travels, leaving me alone and lonely; or feeling like I am the only one with problems.  But having feelings of bitterness and self-pity does not solve a thing.  Actually it just makes everything worse.  But sometimes it's easier to sit there and loathe instead of handing it over to God, and letting Him take care of it. 

We need Him every moment.  Our awareness of our constant need for Him is our greatest strength.  However, there are pitfalls that we must be on guard against:  self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up.  Our inadequacy presents us with a continual choice, deep dependence on Him or despair.  The emptiness we feel within will be filled either with problems or with His presence.  Make Him central in our consciousness by praying continually:  simple, short prayers flowing out of the present moment.

Bitterness and self-pity only hurts me.  It prevents me from growing and becoming the person I desire to be.

In other news, I have lost another pound, making it 10 pounds total.  There goes my first set of 10 pounds lost.  I am extremely proud of myself for continuing on this lifelong journey, and not giving up when times get tough.  I have ways to go, but I am headed in the right direction.

No comments: