Monday, January 27, 2014

Trust + Humility Go Hand In Hand

TRUST is a golden pathway to Heaven.  When we walk on this path, we live above our circumstances.  His glorious light shines more brightly on those who follow this path of life.  Relying on our own understanding will weigh us down.  Trust in Him absolutely, and He will make our paths straight.
John 14:1-2; Proverbs 3:5-6

My husband is self-employed.  His occupation is a truck driver, but He drives for himself.  He has been contracted with a broker for a little over a year now.  However, he is in the process of making his business an LLC, and branching off on his own.  While I am excited about this transition, I am also nervous at the same time.  Today's devotional reminds me that if it is God's will, that He will make my path straight, as long as I follow Him.  I just have to give it all to Him, and let Him direct my path.  Trying to make sense of it all, and relying on my own understanding will only burden me. 

Prior to blogging about today's devotional, I did today's lesson on the Gideon study.  The lesson was on how pride forgets and humility remembers.  That phrase hit me hard.  God has put my husband and I through a financial roller coaster; one that eventually separated our family for 14 months.  God delivered us out of our financial ruin, and if we do not live in humility day after day, it is so easy to take credit for what God has delivered us from.  Trusting Him and living in humility is called obedience.  We need to live in humility so that we do not ever forget what God has delivered us from; and we can live life trusting God with confidence, knowing that He can and will deliver us again.

No comments: